
Greetings from the temperate south! 60 degrees by Christmas! Now that is beautiful! We definitely consider the improved outdoor temperatures, one of the best blessings of moving away from Alaska, oops, I mean Minnesota! Last Friday, we had such a beautiful sun shiny day that I was actually concerned about getting sunburned while weeding my flower beds.
Our holiday plans are laid back this year. We did no Christmas shopping as it cost us so much to get out of Minnesota and we had necessities to purchase for the house here. Would you believe that towel racks and toilet paper holders are not standard issue in new houses around here? Nor are curtain rods or shower curtains. Suffice to say, we spent a bit on making the house comfortable. And, we gave away so much when we left that we had to replace a few things - like the kitchen table. We found a nice little number at the local goodwill. Used, but the price was right!
Of course Jack will be on call for work so we will not be straying far from home. We have made some new friends at a church in Little Rock so we will be going there for Christmas eve services. Our plan for Christmas Day is to go hiking around the area at a local state park or somewhere in the range of Jack's work cell phone. We don't expect to get paged, but we have to be ready for it!
Last I heard the kids were alive. I spoke to Matt a few days ago and he and Chris plan to spend the day together at Matt's apartment. If Brittany makes it to the cities, she will join them. My Beetle bug is now hers so I know she has a reliable car to get her back and forth. And, she is working on getting her drivers license so that she can drive it.
My days are still filled with unpacking boxes and organizing this house. Most of the unpacked boxes are tucked away so we actually look organized. Our guest bedroom is set up and waiting for guests-for now the sheets are even clean! I will begin looking for work in January. Jack has a company car at his disposal so it looks like we won't have to buy another car right away! I have one month of winter to get through and then I can begin planning gardens again. I can't wait to get my hands dirty!
Merry Christmas Family! We send you all love and blessings, Joanne and Jack
Our holiday plans are laid back this year. We did no Christmas shopping as it cost us so much to get out of Minnesota and we had necessities to purchase for the house here. Would you believe that towel racks and toilet paper holders are not standard issue in new houses around here? Nor are curtain rods or shower curtains. Suffice to say, we spent a bit on making the house comfortable. And, we gave away so much when we left that we had to replace a few things - like the kitchen table. We found a nice little number at the local goodwill. Used, but the price was right!
Of course Jack will be on call for work so we will not be straying far from home. We have made some new friends at a church in Little Rock so we will be going there for Christmas eve services. Our plan for Christmas Day is to go hiking around the area at a local state park or somewhere in the range of Jack's work cell phone. We don't expect to get paged, but we have to be ready for it!
Last I heard the kids were alive. I spoke to Matt a few days ago and he and Chris plan to spend the day together at Matt's apartment. If Brittany makes it to the cities, she will join them. My Beetle bug is now hers so I know she has a reliable car to get her back and forth. And, she is working on getting her drivers license so that she can drive it.
My days are still filled with unpacking boxes and organizing this house. Most of the unpacked boxes are tucked away so we actually look organized. Our guest bedroom is set up and waiting for guests-for now the sheets are even clean! I will begin looking for work in January. Jack has a company car at his disposal so it looks like we won't have to buy another car right away! I have one month of winter to get through and then I can begin planning gardens again. I can't wait to get my hands dirty!
Merry Christmas Family! We send you all love and blessings, Joanne and Jack
No comments:
Post a Comment