The Way We Were

The Way We Were
Remember this look from the 70's? Sorry about the poor picture quality!

Sisters, Sisters!

Sisters, Sisters!
Taken while getting our toes polished 12/31/06

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The Rocky Mountain Greeting

Greetings from the Rocky Mountains, where the weather is never the same for very long. Youngest daughter here in Aurora, Colorado keeping up with the Grover's and the Harms'! We've had the snow, the frigid cold, the semi warm and even some thunder and lightning! We've got it all! 

My family just got back from our Christmas trip to Las Vegas! We had a great time with Eric, Yolanda, Kristen, Greg, and Ben. Greg is the newest addition to our family, being Kristen's beau from Arizona. We like him well enough that we will call him one of ours as long as Kristen wants us to. We also brought our family friend along with us, Ben. He's been a part of our family for many years. We did some touristy things like gawking and the Belagio fountain show and riding the Big Shot on the Stratosphere. Kristen and Greg braved the mall 4 days before Christmas and ran into large crowds. We ate lots of food, (sorry Renee, no photo's) and walked lots and lots and lots. Then we all tried our hand at craps. It appears that Eric and Yolanda are hooked as are Joe and I but Kristen and Greg could take it or leave it. Kristen does not like to loose! Ben did well enough and I think he would like to play some more!  Some of us came out on top while others made sure the casinos will be operational again for us when we return.

We will spend Christmas at home here in Colorado and then after the new year take a quick trip for the weekend up to Wyoming. That is of course if the weather allows. We are looking forward to watching Ileah enjoy Christmas. She visited Santa last week with her parents and when he asked her what she wanted for Christmas she replied, "I want toys!" She has the whole thing figured out already! She will spend it with her parents and Yolanda's family first and then spend some of it with us. I think I am not going to prepare a feast this year but instead something simple like chile or steaks. 

Congratulations to Luke on his spectacular news! Those of you who don't know what it is yet you will have to get it straight from the horses mouth, (or his father's as I did)! There is no way I'm spilling those beans! 

That's all from the McTee end of the universe for now! I will try to keep up to technical suavy sisters as best I can!
Love, Hugs and Kisses from me to all of you! Have a great holiday!

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since Lindy refused to mention this, I will...

    While Kristen lost a little $$, there was only one big loder in our group. That was me!

    Hi, I am Joe and I have a gambling problem!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What, no photos? Does that mean there are no photos of the entire trip or just the food? I have an excuse for no photos - I broke my computer... Happy to hear from you! Where did Joe's comment go? More importantly, how did you remove it??? Joanne, The oldest Adorable one on the girl side!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Photos are on Eric's camera, which we don't have right now. Will get them later in the week and will post a link to pix. My first comment had a typo, couldn't figure out how to edit it, so I deleted (clicked on the trash can) and re-commented. Looks like it didn't update my spelling error...

    loder should be loser!

    ReplyDelete